Remote security cameras are surveillance camera systems that can be accessed from any location. These cameras allow the user to watch the live video (as monitored by these cameras) from any part of the world. Remote security cameras are especially useful for home owners, who have to stay out of the home for a long time. Home owners can use remote security camera to keep a watch on the babysitter, who is taking care of your kid or to inspect what your kid is doing in your absence.
Remote security cameras store the video in a video file, saves that file on a personal computer or a web server. This file can be accessed from anywhere through the use of Internet. There are many remote security cameras available in the market. Some remote security cameras have pan/tilt/zoom function, which allows the user to control the camera remotely. This feature also allows the camera to cover a large area for video shooting. Some remote security cameras have an email alert feature. This feature alerts the owner through a mail, in case the security camera finds some activity.
A remote surveillance camera allows you to:
- Monitor your home in your absence. This can be very helpful if you have gone out for some vacation.
- Keep a watch on your office or business.
- Let you selectively decide the area you want to monitor.
- Alerts you through email, if it sees some activity at the time when your house is supposed to be empty.
- Monitor stores, super markets, and casinos. Stores, super markets, and casinos can have remote cameras installed. Places where remote cameras are installed, there are people who are employed to remotely monitor the areas covered by the camera. This is mainly done to provide security to these areas.
- Monitor shops for shoplifting, vandalism and burglaries. Business owners may also get benefited by installing a security camera. Many insurance companies give discount on premium rates to the business owners who have security camera installed in their shops.
- Keep a watch on suspicious employees.
Remote security cameras have very easy installation and you can install these cameras on your own. Mostly remote security cameras are either wireless or plug-and-play. Most of the remote security cameras have the ability to rotate to certain number of degrees. Rotation feature allows the owner to cover the large area of the room. Apart from rotation, the other option can be installation of multiple cameras at several places, where there are more chances of crime to occur.
Remote security cameras should be placed strategically. The best locations to place a remote security camera are over the front and the back door, near the valuables, over the garage, on trees or poles. Different people have different opinion. Some people feel placing a security camera [http://www.sunsecurity.com/outdoor-security-camera-daynight-long-range-p-291.html] on a visible location may prevent others from doing anything wrong. And some people feel hiding a camera is a better option so that you can catch the criminal on the spot. Maintenance of camera is important for the better performance. So position a camera at a place which is reachable.
Installing a remote security camera can be an extremely good option, if you travel a lot and difficult for you to be available all the time.
Steve Strong’s is an employee with Sun Security a leading supplier of Dome Security Cameras [http://www.sunsecurity.com/security-cameras-dome-cameras-c-119_131.html], Wireless Security Camera Systems [http://www.sunsecurity.com/security-camera-systems-wireless-security-camera-systems-c-116_167.html]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Steve_Strong