Security Cameras Resolutions
Security Cameras come in all types and sizes and all offer a wide range of different features and functionality that are constantly improving
The most common type of security camera used to be the analog camera. Analog camera resolution or picture quality is measured by the number of horizontal lines the sensor chip in the camera provides and is called “TV lines of resolution” or TVL. Naturally, the higher the TVL the better the quality of the image. As analog cameras are now becoming obsolete the video surveillance world is moving to HD and megapixel technology in which the higher the number of pixels, the more detail in the image. Higher resolution images give you the ability to zoom into the image to see fine detail and much more clarity.
- Analog Low Image Quality: 380TVL – 420TVL.
- Analog Medium Image Quality: 480TVL – 520 TVL
- Analog High Image Quality: 540TVL – 720TVL
- 1.3 Megapixel: 720p quality – 1280×960
- 3 Megapixel: 1080p quality – 2048×1536
- 5 Megapixel: 1080p + quality – 2560×1920
Submit your review